In High Desert Ambiences 3, get a large collection of the desolate and beautiful sounds of the American southwest. As the sun sets, hear how nocturnal wildlife comes alive as the day fades away. This collection features sounds that will make you fall in love with desert nights as you discover sounds ranging from soft owl hoots to lonely night songbirds to keening crickets. This library also includes Javelina (wild pig) snorts and teeth clicks, humming trains off in the distance, coyote howls and yips so close you’ll want to run for cover, and much more. While most recordings are between 3 to 6 minutes, this collection also includes a few 15-25 minute nocturnal soundscapes. A rare gem to find in the continental United States! For the third installment of my lush, peaceful nature sounds from the heart of the American Southwest, here’s High Desert Ambiences 3: Quiet Nature.
2% FOR THE PLANET:
Two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause. I view it as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
• This library is filled with the “Quiet Nature” sounds of desert nights.
• Location: Davis Mountains, West Texas
• Lonely solo Coyotes
• Coyote Packs howling and yipping
(wild pigs) snorting and rooting for food
• Owl hoots and lonely night songbirds
• Cricket Choruses and bats up to 80 kHz
• Other Songbird/Wildlife Included: Common Poorwills
, Western Screech-Owls
, Burrowing Owls
, Great Horned Owls
, White-winged Doves
, Mourning Doves
, Canyon Wrens
, and Swainson’s Hawks
• Evening choruses of songbirds
• Distant Freight Trains (5-10 miles distant)
• Quiet Nature
tracks – these filenames start with “Quiet Desert” and are sparse ambiences recorded at the threshold of hearing with an integrated loudness of approximately -40 LUFS.
• Quiet Nature
tracks have low wildlife activity and are perfect “natural roomtones” to use as the foundation of a designed environment.
• All tracks have an integrated loudness of approximately -40 LUFS.
• If you need more “Active Nature” tracks check out High Desert Ambiences 2: Active Nature
or the miniature pack of desert sounds in High Desert Ambiences 1: miNiATURE
• Named markers included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform. Starting in Soundminer 4.5Pro_v271 you can now read the text markers from within Soundminer!
• Marker text included in the Soundminer description and BWAV description fields.
• *Note – I self-identified all birds using several iOS apps and bird identification websites, so I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy on species identification.
• Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair
• Sound Devices 702
• Rycote ORTF Blimp
Sounds from this library were used in the upcoming movie Woman Walks Ahead
starring Jessica Chastain!
• View in Browser
or Download CSV
• UPDATE – The name of this library was changed from High Desert Ambiences 3: Night Choruses
to High Desert Ambiences 3: Quiet Nature