Need the sound of thunder in the city? City thunderstorm delivers a series of atmospheric rain and thunder effects recorded in London. Rolls, rumbles and claps, close and distant, and three long thunder and rain sequences to help create your perfect city storm, including one complete storm from start to finish. More than one hour of sounds from thunderstorms in the city – all recorded at 24 bit / 96 kHz, and embedded with full Soundminer Metadata.
Get the hums of a big electric station, a small buzz of an electrical substation’s transformer and also synthesized sounds. All synthesized sounds were re-recorded with the “Worldizing” technique initially conceived by legendary sound designer Walter Murch.
Need electric sounds such as sparks, current flows and electric arcs? Electronic Drain is a collection of electric and electronic sources specifically designed for movies, audio logos and trailers. The library includes new and experimental sound material generated using the most cutting-edge digital signal processing techniques.
Providing digital, organic, raw and designed sounds Electronic Drain delivers a rich sonic complexity and a wide range of possible variations. Sounds have been further processed and looped in Kontakt to offer a larger number of possible combinations.
Electronic Drain comes with 1.1 GB and 300 .Wav files + 11 Kontakt instruments. The Kontakt instruments require the full Kontakt 5 or higher – the .wav files can be used without Kontakt.
Features sounds such as:
Bleeps • Current Flow • Electric Arc • Glitch • Interface Design • Electricity • Magnetic Field • Sparks – designed • Sparks – long • Sparks – mid – short • Static • Voltage Stutter
Energy is an entirely synthesized library, inspired by classic sound effects heard in a wide variety of action and adventure TV shows. Synthesized source material to create energy beams, lasers, blasts, whooshes, explosions, magical effects and more is bundled in this library and ready to be layered and processed. Energy contains 74 audio files with 5 variations of each sound effect per audio file, totalling 370 sounds.
This SFX library is a complete collection of everything ENERGY, covering Electricity, Power Ups, Shockwaves, Sparks, Force Fields, Zaps, Loops, and plenty more.
ENERGY is created in collaboration with talented French sound design duo Frederic Devanlay and Cedric Denooz, and features more than 625+ sounds and 6.4GB of 24bit/96khz .WAV files, all meticulously embedded with Soundminer & Basehead metadata.
• Energy Loops (start, loop, end)
• Neutrons and Particles
• Electricity sparks, zaps, impacts
• Energy Weapons / Special Powers
• Whoosh and Passbys
• Energy Foley
• Hums and Buzzes
• Lightning Elements
• Power Ups and Power Downs
• Source Tool Box – Create your own sounds from scratch!
High Desert Thunderstorms has the vast, beautiful crackling of Southwestern summer thunderstorms. These powerful storms travel for miles in all directions with rumbles that feel physically and emotionally immersive. Plus, you receive many types of Texan storms with rainstorms, dry thunder, echoing thunderclaps, and much more. If you need storm ambiences that ripple across barren valleys, listen to High Desert Thunderstorms.
• Hand-picked sounds from over 20 summer thunderstorms
• Three-part library: Dry Thunder, Wet Thunder, and Rain and Thunderstorm Ambiences
• Thunder echoing in mountain valleys
• Unraveling explosions as close as 2,000 feet
• Sub-bass growls as far away as 20 miles
• Approaching and fading storm cells
• Descriptors: close, distant, rippling, rolling, growling, rumbling, unraveling, sonic boom, Zeus, and sub-bass
• multiple microphone perspectives for a variety of stereo images and uses
• Location: Near Marfa, Texas, summer 2016, mountain valley at an altitude of 6,000 ft.
• 95% Bird Free
• Library can be purchased in parts or as a bundle to save 20%
• Specs: 690 MB – 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV – 26 stereo files, 26+ sounds – MS recordings decoded and library does not include the RAW MS files
• Duration: Approx. 10 min total
• Isolated rain-free thunderclaps from nearby supercells
• Thunder with wind in summer grass
• Clips ranging from 7 to 44 seconds
• Specs: 2.37 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV – 67 stereo files, 67+ sounds – MS recordings decoded and library does not include the RAW MS files
• Duration: Approx. 34 min total
• Isolated thunderclaps with rain
• Heavy, medium, and light rain
• Clips ranging from 10 to 64 seconds
Rain and Thunderstorm Ambiences
• Specs: 6.47 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV – 31 stereo files, 31+ sounds – MS recordings decoded and library does not include the RAW MS files
• Duration: Approx. 93 min total
• Dry and Wet thunderstorm ambiences, including thunderclaps
• Heavy, medium, and light rain without thunder
• Metal rooftops, storm drains, small hail stones
• Clips ranging from 1 to 20 minutes
High Desert Thunderstorm Bundle
• Specs: 9.54 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV – 124 stereo files, 124+ sounds – MS recordings decoded and library does not include the RAW MS files
• Duration: Approx. 137 min total
• All Dry Thunder, Wet Thunder, and Rain and Thunderstorm Ambiences included
Sennheiser MKH 50/30 MS pair
MS recordings decoded
DPA 4060 A/B pair
Sound Devices 702
Rycote AG MS Blimp
Want the ultimate collection of Magic Sound Effects?
Here you go! Pick your version below:
MAGIC - DESIGNED:
A powerful collection of ready-made, designed magic sounds, divded into categories like fire, ice, water, acid, electricity, healing and more. A total of 450 ready-to-use Magic sound effects are included! This pack features 130+ files and 450 magic sound effects (full tracklist (PDF))
MAGIC - CONSTRUCTION KIT:
Design your own magic sounds, from the more than 2300 sounds included in this bundle. It features a huge selection of sound elements like zzling, sparkling, explosions, fire whooshes, water splashes, ice crackles, bubbles, chimes, humming, wobbling, squeaks, choirs, drones and more to build from.
The ultimate collection of magic sounds, featuring BOTH the DESIGNED and CONSTRUCTION KIT versions. This gives you access to a fantastic selection of ready-made magic sounds + a wealth of sound components so you can design and sweeten your own magic sounds. Unleash some truly magical sound design with this strong bundle – and save money in the process.
This pack features 570+ files and 2700+ magic sound effects!
Nature's Fury: Rain, Wind, Thunder is a massive collection of storm sounds to help you build your environments.
Whether you need a light rain ambience all the way up to heavy rain, howling winds, and cracking and rumbling thunder blowing through your scene – we have you covered. We even isolated some low rumbling thunder to be used in your sound design.
Consider this a storm toolkit that comes with three 4-minute long 5.1 surround designed thunderstorms to get you started!
Do you want to add some tension with thunder sound effects? Are you looking for immersive rain? Do you need perfect loops of rain in your game?
'Rain and Thunder' is a collection of high-quality sounds recorded over a timespan of several years at different locations with a Mid-Side and XY rig. This sound pack contains variations of rain: soft, hard, under metal, under plastic, on top of plastic, and with and without thunder rumble.
This pack is guaranteed to immerse the listener with the pattering drips of water and the roaring thunder!
All sounds included are tagged with metadata (keywords and description) for use in Soundminer/Basehead, etc.
Rain and Thunder includes:
• Rain Hard Loop (12 sounds)
• Rain Hard and Stream Loop (2 sounds)
• Rain Pouring Loop (1 sound)
• Rain Pouring and Thunder Rumble Loop (1 sound)
• Rain Soft Loop (11 sounds)
• Rain Soft and Bird Loop (1 sound)
• Rain Soft and Stream and Bird Loop. (1 sound)
• Rain Soft and Thunder Really Long Loop (2 sounds)
• Rain and Distant Thunder Loop (5 sounds)
• Rain and Distant Thunder Rumble Loop (11 sounds)
• Rain and Stream Loop (5 sounds)
• Rain from Inside Loop (2 sounds)
• Rain on Plastic Inside Loop (1 sound)
• Rain on Plastic Outside Loop (1 sound)
• Rain on Rocks Loop (1 sound)
• Rain on Water and Bird Loop (1 sound)
• Rain under Metal Loop (4 sounds)
• Rain under Metal and Thunder Rumble Loop (6 sounds)
• Rain under Umbrella Loop (1 sound)
• Rain, Distant Thunder Rumble and Bird Loop (1 sound)
• Rain, Distant Thunder and Bird Loop (1 sound)
• Thunder and Bird Loop (1 sound)
Gears & Specs
• Every file included is tagged with metadata keywords and a description for use in Soundminer, Basehead, etc.
• Recorded with a Oktava MK-012 in Mid Side configuration and Zoom H6 XY.
Sci-Fi Electric is a collection of sparks, static, drones, hums, zaps and textures! The library features 64 files with over 80 audio clips. Here you'll find a wealth of processed sounds for your Sci Fi adventure. Source material ranges from beard scratching to lap steel pickup interference.
Through processing they end up as “alienistic” textures, sparks, static, drones, hums, zaps, ambiences, and whatever else your imagination can come up with! Other sounds include raw microphone feedback, streetlight buzz, and electrical static.
The source material ranged from beard scratching to lap steel pickup interference… This one was fun to make, and it will be even more fun for you to play with!
Need electrical sounds? Sparks N Arcs delivers more than 200 files of 12,000 volt sparking electrical arcs, industrial welders, electrical shorts, Taser gun discharges, Van Der Graph Generator and custom-made Jacob’s Ladder for those classic sci-fi lab effects… even the sounds of the electrocution of an innocent pickle.
These hard-to-find sounds of massive power and electricity are perfect for adding sizzle to video games, movie projects and multimedia.
All sounds were recorded at 96k/24 bit with multiple microphones. Embedded with metadata (Soundminer, Broadcast Wav)
Thunder & Rain is a sound library that delivers the recordings of two storms. It includes a total of 46 audio files, split into three folders: STEREO, MS and UPMIX 5.1. It also comes with 40 audio files in the AS REC MS (NO De-Noise) folder.
De-noise was applied to most of the recordings, to only preserve thunder FX, but you have the NO De-Noise folder included too.
Create your own thunder ambiences with the included Winds/Storm/Rain files (in the preview below, I used the Rain file in addition to thunder files).
Twisted universe gets you a multitude of designed sounds: impacts, whooshes, loops, soundscapes, alarms, tension layers, zaps and much more. These sounds are all designed with synths and raw materials and processed with distortion, fuzz or deconstruction gears. You can use them dry or as layers to add a crispy effect to your sound, and they are perfect for radio effects, electric elements or music productions.
With A Sound Effect, Asbjoern has created a web site where our international community can browse, learn, and share the vast fruits of our labors. Together we are accelerating the very real potential power of sound design as a recognized art form.
There are many great independent sound effect libraries available these days. The main problem with having so many, is keeping track of them!
A Sound Effect is a great hub, and is one of the first places I visit to look for sounds by category or genre. I started coming here to see if I could find libraries that I knew I had heard, but forgot WHERE I had heard them.
And in the process discovered libraries I never would have found otherwise. Great work! Keep it up!
Sound designer: Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit trilogies
A Sound Effect is a great resource for keeping up on what's out there in the SFX library world. The site is well organized and it's easy to find stuff.
I love the behind the scenes articles - and the ability to purchase directly through the site is super convenient. The process is very straight forward and painless. I recommend it all the time.