• In Pacific Northwest: Roosevelt Elk, get a mini-nature collection of ambiences from the Hoh Rainforest, a temperate rainforest on the Olympic Peninsula in Olympic National Park. Hear Roosevelt Elk clack antlers and bugle as they fight for the chance to mate. Hear Pacific Wrens joyous chirps as they dance on rotten logs. Hear the massive sparseness of forests filled with 200-300 foot douglas fir and spruce. Hear haunting reverberations as ravens caw in groves of titans and the Hoh River’s soothing wash, the perfect sound to lull you off to peaceful dreams.
• This library offers you a small collection of both quiet and active nature sounds from one of the wettest forests in North America. Some places on the Olympic Peninsula get over 200 inches of precipitation per year, and that abundance of moisture makes for a magical fern and moss filled ecosystem brimming with soothing ambiences.
2% FOR THE ENVIRONMENT & CARBON NEUTRAL:
• Two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
• Carbon offset credits were purchased for the Pacific Northwest Series. Field Recording travel for these libraries was carbon neutral!
• Recorded near the One Square Inch of Silence
• Featuring Roosevelt Elk
• Hear two full grown Roosevelt Elk clacking antlers and bugling!
• Distant elk trumpeting deep in the forest.
• Varied ambiences from the Hoh Rainforest in Olympic National Park
• Sparse ambiences with minimal wildlife
• Active ambiences with twittering songbirds
• One extended 35-minute quiet nature ambience
• This library is a portrait of the Hoh Rainforest. The rainforest is in a long river valley, so the distant soothing wash of the Hoh River can be heard in all recordings
• Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform!
• Marker text included in the Soundminer description and BWAV description fields.
FILE LIST & METADATA:
• View in Browser
or Download CSV
• Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals)
are described in these terms:
• fauna sparse
• fauna constant
• flora sparse
• flora constant
• flora and fauna sparse
• flora and fauna constant
• Included wildlife:
Roosevelt Elk, American Crow, Common Raven, Pacific Wren, Brown Creeper, Barred Owl, chipmunks, and various other distant murmuring songbirds
• Read 30+ user reviews
for Thomas Rex Beverly Audio
• Read my Field Recording Mastering Rules
and learn more about how these recordings were mastered.
• Browse the Library Info Master List
to compare specs on all my libraries.
• Browse the Metadata Master List
to search my entire catalog.
• MD5 and SHA 256 Checksums
are included for each zip file in my catalog. Use these hashes to check the integrity of your downloaded files.
– the name of this library was changed from Pacific Northwest: Miniature
to Pacific Northwest: Roosevelt Elk
on 9/28/2018. This was a name change only. No audio files were updated.
• Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
• Sound Devices 702
• Rycote ORTF Blimp