Great Lakes: Active Nature
• In Great Lakes: Active Nature, get a collection of energetic ambiences from some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Hear the calming hiss of aspen leaves fluttering and the piercing call of summer cicadas. Hear the long slow flaps of huge wings as Trumpeter Swans struggle to take flight and deep thunk as Belted Kingfishers plunge head first into the water in search of dinner.
• This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiances brimming with wildlife from the pristine lakes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hear the lively energy of summers near the Great Lakes of North America.
2% FOR THE ENVIRONMENT & CARBON NEUTRAL:
• Two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
• Carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel for this library.
• Active nature ambiences from Great Lakes region of the United States
• All active nature tracks have energetic wildlife and wind
• Trumpeter Swan takeoffs and honks
• Belted Kingfisher hunting dives
• Canadian Geese fly bys
• Common Loon – wail and tremolo calls
• Regal Raven calls deep in the forest
• Nasal Blue Jays bickering in the treetops
• Cicadas, crickets, and ultrasonic insects
• All recordings are from lake edges and surrounding forests.
• This is not a water library, it focuses on ambiences with wildlife (mostly large waterbirds) and wind.
• Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
• Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix “Marker Text”.
• Sennheiser 8040s in ORTF
• Sennheiser MKH50 and 30 in MS
• Sound Devices 702
• Rycote ORTF Blimp
• Rycote MS Blimp