The plugin is designed to be used on a stereo bus, with the source tracks routed and panned correctly to it, or optionally routed through the side-chain input. It’ll then phase align, blend both together and output the result either in mono (standard) or with a stereo width of your choice. You can even enhance the original stereo width up to 200% to get a wider image of the instrument.
The Plug-in is designed to be used as a stereo Plug-in on a stereo bus (Aux) only. The two mono input tracks can be routed to this stereo bus and should be panned hard left (Input 1) and hard right (Input 2).
Alternatively it’s also possible to route one input through the Plug-ins Sidechain.
The Plug-in itself is only suitable for blending two inputs. It’s also possible to cascade this sort of routing you’ ve seen above to blend several tracks together. In order to do that you would add a new stereo bus, insert another instance of faGuitarAlign and assign the output of the first faGuitarAlign left panned to the new bus and assign the third input right panned to it. With this cascading principle its possible to use an almost infinite number of input tracks and Plug-in instances.
• Sub-sample accurate Automatic Phase Alignment within a few seconds
• Revolutionary phase alignment / mic blending via X/Y Pad
• Suitable for close mics and room mics (max. distance range of 50 m / 160 ft)
• Phase density scope for visual feedback of the current phase relation
• Dedicated especially for guitar & bass but also suitable for a variety of other alignment tasks
• 3 mic blend modes: Full, Logarithm, Linear
• Stereo enhancement / widening tool
• Phase alignment with sub-sample precision
• A/B comparisons
• Mic distances available in meter and foot
• Supports Sample-rates between 44.100 – 192.000 Hz
• Scalable GUI suitable for small resolutions up to 4k monitors
• Full Unicode support for Western languages, Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc.
• Mac – Mac OS X 10.10 or higher | Supported Formats: VST 64-Bit, AU 64-Bit, AAX 64-Bit
• Windows – Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista | Supported Formats: VST 64-Bit, AAX 64-Bit