ERA II Medieval Legends contains:
• 10 flutes
• 8 reed instruments
• 4 war horns
• 3 brass instruments
• 9 bowed strings instruments
• 13 plucked strings instruments
• 3 keyboards
• 20 percussion instruments
• 1 singing voice
Recordings for ERA II took place in several selected spanish studios, such as Madrid’s Infinity Studios as well as Eldana Studios in Dueñas, just to name some. Also, numerous talented musicians contributed their skills to the project, like Rinaldo Valldeperas (crumhorns, shawms, renaissance soprano recorder), Efren López (Gittern, Bass Citole, Medieval Psaltery, Medieval Lute), Cecilia Nocilli, Lorena Porres and many others.
All instruments and voices were recorded using a Neumann U87 microphone being accompanied by selected high-quality preamps from manufacturers such as Avalon and Neve. The instruments were intentionally captured with close mic techniques avoiding unwanted room information to give users full control over the following sound shaping process and added effects.
ERA II pursues the goal of capturing the musical atmosphere and sound aesthetics of the medieval, porting these old times into the computer-based production environment. The carefully programmed user interface of the Engine-Player makes this library easy to use, allowing the sounds of ERA II to inspire and unfold the musician’s full creativity. ERA II is just like an exciting fantasy-novel, taking musicians and composers on a journey into dark and long forgotten times.
ERA II is well suited for different styles and genres ranging from medieval scores with authentically sounding instruments to fantasy-music, soundtracks and new-age-spheres.
The sounds of ERA II are absolutely unique and cannot be found in any other library. It holds an overwhelming selction of instruments, sounds and soundscapes that provide musicians with a complete sonic compendium, leaving no sound to be desired.
The instruments in ERA II use extensive multisampling, dynamic layering, diverse articulations, round-robin and true-legato-samples. The library contains 25 gigabytes of sample data including all instruments and sounds of part one.
ERA II Instrument-list
New in ERA II
• Winds = Renaissance Soprano Recorder, Renaissance Alto Recorder, Renaissance Tenor Recorder, Renaissance Bass Recorder, Traditional Soprano Recorder, Traditional Wooden Flute, Gemshorn, 2 holed flute, Tin Whistle, Wooden Transverse Flute
• War Horns = Anyafil, Shofar, Celtiberic War Horn, War Horn
• Bowed Strings = Bass Viola da Gamba, Fidule, Hurdy Gurdy, Viola de Roda, Bowed Psaltery, Tromba Marina, Nyckelharpa, Fiddle Grooves, Tenor viola da gamba
• Keys = Organetto, Spinet, Virginal
• Percussion = Army Piccolo Snare, Barbarian Frame Drum I, Barbarian Frame Drum II, Frame Drum (stick), Bombo Leguero, Bumbac High, Bumbac Mid, Bumbac Low, Distant Drums, Execution Snare
From ERA I
• Reeds = Crumhorn Soprano, Crumhorn Alto, Crumhorn Tenor, Crumhorn Bass, Bagpipe A, Bagpipe D, Chirimia, Bombarde
• Brass = Natural Trumpet, Sackbut, Cornetto
• Plucked Strings = Baroque Guitar, Renaissance Lute, Renaissance Small Harp, Renaissance Small Bray Harp, Zither, Psaltery (Beaten), Medieval Psaltery, Gittern, Bass Citole, Medieval Lute, Small Psaltery, Gothic Harp, Langeleik
• Voices = Tavern Singers
• Percussion = Execution Snare II, Juglar Snare, Tambourine I, Tambourine II, Tambourine III, Church Bells, Napoleonic Snare, Field Drum, Kettle Drums, Claps
Best Service ENGINE 2 Sample Player is included with this product!
• Mac OS 10.9 – 10.15
• Min. recommended: Intel Mac 2GHz, 2GB Ram
• Interfaces: Standalone, AU, VST (64bit only)
• AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+
• Windows 7, 8 and 10, 32bit & 64bit
• Min. recommended: Intel Core 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram
• Interfaces: Standalone, VST (32bit and 64bit)
• AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+ for all systems
Internet connection for product activation required (on any computer)
Additional hard disc space according to the library size