• In Alaska: Wind, get an expansive collection of forest winds from the pristine wilderness of Alaska. Hear the power of the Alaskan Range as gusts whip down from the high mountains. Hear blustery blasts whipping through the birch and cottonwood canopy and scrappy tundra spruces straining to stay vertical.
• This library offers you a large collection of arctic wind. I hope you enjoy listening to the natural music of the wind as it sings through the boreal forests of Alaska.
2% FOR THE ENVIRONMENT & CARBON NEUTRAL:
• Two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
• Carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel for this library.
• Zero birds, insects, or other wildlife in all recordings
• Deciduous winds of Cottonwood and Birch
• Coniferous winds of Spruce
• Canopy winds
• Swirling gusts
• Squeaky trees and creaking branches
• Close deciduous leaves fluttering
• Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
• Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix “Marker Text”.
• Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
• DPA 4060s in AB
• Sound Devices 702
• Sound Devices MixPre-6
• Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
• Stereo: front mid/side decoded to left and right.
• Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
STEREO ONLY FILES:
• These recording were made with two DPA 4060s and do not include a quad version.
• The “stereo only” files are included in the specs for the “Stereo Specs” below.