• In Alaska: Active Nature, get a collection of the energetic ambiences from Lake Clark National Park, Alaska. Hear the resounding sound of glacial valleys as the endless sun fuels the ecosystem. Hear playful shorebirds energetic calls and whooshing flybys. Hear the sweet singing of Swainson’s Thrush and resonant woodpeckers that ring for miles. Hear cottonwoods creaking and the eerie winnowing of Wilson’s Snipe circling overhead.
• This library is packed full of tracks with vibrant flora and fauna from the lively summer landscapes of the Arctic. Hear the sounds of this stunning natural cathedral while the nearby glaciers remain. The ecosystem won’t sound the same when they’re gone.
2% FOR THE ENVIRONMENT & CARBON NEUTRAL:
• Two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
• Carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel for this library.
• Active nature ambiences with dense flora and fauna
• Lush, dense songbird choruses
• Close, single species calls
• Wing flutters and whooshing flybys
• Water takeoffs and landings
• Lush forest birds
• Energetic shorebirds
• Days and nights in the beaver pond filled marshland
• Days and nights in the boreal forest
• Two, 30+ minute dawn choruses
• Lone moose walking in a beaver pond
• Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
• Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix “Marker Text”.
• Coming Soon on the ASFX blog
FILE LIST & METADATA:
• View larger version
or Download CSV
• Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals)
are described in these terms:
• fauna sparse
• fauna constant
• flora sparse
• flora constant
• flora and fauna sparse
• flora and fauna constant
• Included wildlife:
Moose, Swainson’s Thrush, Varied Thrush, Golden-crowned Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Lincoln’s Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow, Common Loon, Dark-eyed Junco, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Townsend’s Warbler, American Robin, Black-billed Magpie, Greater Yellowlegs, Lesser Yellowlegs, Spotted Sandpiper, Green-winged Teal, Mallard, Wilson’s Snipe, Boreal owl, Northern Saw-whet Owl, Great Horned Owl, Woodpeckers, bats
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
• Stereo: front mid/side decoded to left and right.
• Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
• Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
• Sound Devices MixPre-6
• Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp