Hello, I am Stratis Skandalakis, the founder of Binaural Recordings.
I am a musician, composer, and field recordist, traveling to remote, unspoiled ecosystems all around the world, equipped with my portable recorder, a backpack, and a bunch of high-tech microphones. I gather these recordings with the aim to sensitize the public about the beauty of the sonority in nature and the necessity to preserve it. I write about my trips and experiences on my blog.
in stereo, binaural, ambisonics (incl. 5.1 surround )
11.88 GB of original sounds, 26.55 GB with the encoded ambisonic files in 5.1 and stereo included
• rough & authentic recordings in remote locations
• 99.9% free of any human-made noise
• immersive & suitable for VR productions and mobile applications
• real binaural and ambisonics recordings
• clean edited, but not designed
• including long takes >20 minutes with a lot of sounds for further editing and looping
• with beach atmospheres, pure waves, and tropical wildlife
• incl. seamless loops
• metadata added
• incl.. 5.1 surround & stereo versions of the ambisonics B-Format AmbiX files for instant use
• captured during three recording expeditions over the past five years in Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia
• Microphones: 2xDPA 4060, Sennheiser Ambeo, H2a-XLR hydrophones
With A Sound Effect, Asbjoern has created a web site where our international community can browse, learn, and share the vast fruits of our labors. Together we are accelerating the very real potential power of sound design as a recognized art form.
A Sound Effect is an excellent resource for us to keep our animated films sounding unique and exciting.
A Sound Effect is a great asset to have discovered.
We found the site very easy to navigate, purchasing and downloads were effortless and the effects themselves are awesome! Asbjoern has done us all a great service.
We’ll definitely be back!
There are many great independent sound effect libraries available these days. The main problem with having so many, is keeping track of them!
A Sound Effect is a great hub, and is one of the first places I visit to look for sounds by category or genre. I started coming here to see if I could find libraries that I knew I had heard, but forgot WHERE I had heard them.
And in the process discovered libraries I never would have found otherwise. Great work! Keep it up!
We're always looking for new sounds to mangle, so when A Sound Effect had a holiday sale, I tried them out.
The purchase experience is really smooth and quick, and delivery is almost instant.
I'll definitely come back to them again in the future!
A Sound Effect is a wonderful resource for indie sound effects libraries. On top of that, it has some of the finest sound design, film and game audio interviews!
I often need very specific types of sounds so I've become a big supporter of independent recorders.
Until now I've always had to go to their individual websites. Now I can find them all in one place.
And, Asbjoern is great to work with!
A Sound Effect is a well curated boutique sound effects shop and a great place to find industry interviews and learning resources.