Woodland Atmosphere totals more than five hours of clean and immersive nature sounds. The recordings provide excellent variety and cover a multitude of garden and forest bird species. These include but are not limited to: robin, blackbird, wren, goldfinch, chaffinch, goldcrest, redwing, crane, tawny owl, blue tit, great tit, rook, crow, magpie, woodpigeon, woodpecker. Besides birdsong there are also recordings of soft wind and the subtle air of the forest.
The library was recorded in places ranging from small hedgerows and patches of wood to old plantations and deep forests. Locations in Scotland, Sweden and Romania were carefully selected for their lack of man-made noise and variety of bird species. Although Spring and Summer dawn choruses abound, the library also includes recordings made in Autumn and Winter, during the day and at night. Equipment used includes the Sound Devices 633 and 302, Sony D100, Sennheiser MKH8040ST, DPA 4060, Line Audio CM3.
• 58 .wav files ranging from 1.5 to 12 minutes
• recorded and presented at 24 bit/96 kHz
• more than 5 hours total length
• ~10GB total file size
• recorded on Sound Devices 633 and 302, Sony PCM D100, Sennheiser MKH8040, DPA 4060 and Line Audio CM3
• comprehensive metadata compatible with Basehead and Soundminer