Articulated presents the result of several months investigation in the realm of rustling matters:
A toolkit to create presence, reality but also interesting textures and silences.
Light breeze and heavy wind gusts were recorded on many locations: in forests, near shrubs, tall grass, corn fields, and in streets. Leaves were captured fluttering on branches but also whirling and dancing on the ground.
Great amount of variations: Leaves of all shapes (needles, compound, single, broadleaf, dry, twigs, branches,…), and various materials such as plastic, paper, fabric, dirt were recorded.
All of which through various interactions such as shuffle, shake, rub, brush, hit, fiddle, whip, and whoosh.
• Windy foliage in trees
• leaves dancing on the ground
• plants interactions & movements
• shuffling, shaking, brushing, rubbing, hitting, swooshing
• all kinds of leaves shape and many types of vegetation such as grass, broadleaf branch, reeds, maple twigs, bamboos, needles, dry leaves, twigs, straws
• additional texture that can help extend the sonic palette of rustling noises such as plastics, papers, metals, glass, pebbles, dirt, fabric, leather