Great Lakes: Sandhill Cranes
• In Great Lakes: Sandhill Cranes, get a collection of ambiences from some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Hear the calming openness of still water and the magical echoes of regal waterbirds. Hear the startled alarm cries of Ospreys and the prehistoric calls of Sandhill Cranes so visceral you’ll think pterodactyls are still alive.
• This library offers you an extensive collection of Sandhill Crane ambiences from the pristine lakes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hear these majestic birds and feel the power of their intense calls as they sing across the Great Lakes of North America.
2% FOR THE ENVIRONMENT & CARBON NEUTRAL:
• Two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
• Carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel for this library.
• 18 clip of Sandhill Cranes
• Reverb tails on Crane calls as long as four seconds
• Stationary bugles
• Bugling and trumpeting in flight
• Close visceral perspectives
• Distant clips with immersive echoes
• Osprey – alarm calls
• Common Loon – tremolo and wail calls
• Soothing coniferous and deciduous wind
• This is not a parabolic dish library of close up and isolated Sandhill Cranes. It is an ambience library of Cranes within their natural habitat.
• All recordings are from lake edges and surrounding forests.
• This is not a water library, it focuses on ambiences with wildlife (mostly large waterbirds) and wind.
• Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
• Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix “Marker Text”.
• Sennheiser 8040s in ORTF
• Sennheiser MKH50 and 30 in MS
• Sound Devices 702
• Rycote ORTF Blimp
• Rycote MS Blimp